Friday, December 7, 2007

(Remote) Control

I figured I would start my first topic off in a lighthearted manner. At first I thought that this may be a very specific case of "differences in opinion," but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I am not the first to cross this bridge.



My husband and I have very dissimilar tastes in entertainment. I prefer to watch comedies and sitcoms. I also like the occasional soap opera, or prime time programming. My husband, on the other hand, likes sports. Not just a little. If the TV is on, you can bet that there is going to be a sport involved. Now, I can appreciate variety, being the spice of life and all. But this is seriously cutting into our together time. There's no sense in either one of us sitting through a few hours of something that we don't enjoy, but is there a way to compromise? Can we work through our remote control issues?



I doubt that this problem stems deeper than the remote, it's simply a difference in taste. But I'd like to find way that we can spend a little more time in the same room without either of us feeling like we're being tortured with unwanted TV programming.

No comments: